Friday, September 6, 2013

Starting Up Cold Days


Even though I know that I will get more hours of enjoyment out of a book than a movie, I seriously have a hard time paying more than $8 for a book. College textbooks? No exception. Which means that time of the semester was always pretty emotionally challenging for me. Anyway, I finally got my copy of the new Dresden Files book, Cold Days, in the mail from Books-A-Million as it has hit paperback. Yay!

So I'm only four chapters into reading this book. Why am I already writing a blogpost? Because Jim Butcher is amazing with this series. Fourteen books into the series and four chapters into the book itself, I'm still laughing out loud and also getting really intense. How does he do that? I'm sur a big part of it is the fact that I seriously love the character. I mean Harry Dresden rocks! He tries to always do the right thing but knows when he's crossing a line even if its for the right reasons. And he is both humble and arrogant at the same time. Harry can be brutally honest with himself and paint uncomfortably accurate pictures of situations most people would shy away from. And of course his sense of humor is totally my style.

Sadly I can't really say a whole lot more about Cold Days right now since I'm only at the beginning of the fourth chapter. But I promise (myself since I know from the stats attached to this blog that no one else looks at this) that I will give a detailed and (let's be honest) raving review of this book once I've finished reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment