Monday, October 1, 2012

The Ones You Love

My husband and I just watched the most recent Warehouse 13 episode ("The Ones You Love"), and we very much enjoyed it. In this episode, we see things come to a head between Brother Adrian and Artie.  Three artifacts have been sent to loved ones of the three people that Artie cares most about in the world--Pete, Myka, and Claudia.  As each of our three heroes heads out to rescue their loved ones, Artie attempts to determine how Brother Adrian has been infiltrating the Warehouse.  Pete saves his ex-wife from the explosive tattoo of a suicide bomber.  Myka saves her sister from a chord that brings sibling rivalries to murderous levels.  And Claudia saves her brother from being encased in amber.  Meanwhile, Mrs. Frederic and Steve discover that the Brotherhood of the Black Diamond has been trapped the last few months in a painting in Rome.  When Brother Adrian is the last to leave the painting, we realize that the Bro. Adrian we have been seeing as the viewers is actually a manifestation of Artie's evil alter ego created by the astrolabe.  Leena confronts Artie and is apparently killed by him at the conclusion of the episode.


My first reaction to this reveal is, "Sweet!" I actually did not see that coming until half way through the episode.  The major fault of this show has been its pleasant predictability.  So to have something actually surprise me was very refreshing and makes me excited to see where the show heads with this new Artie development.

My other reaction to the reveal is more of a reaction to the conclusion of the episode.  Finally someone dies! I'm not too heartbroken about Leena being the one to bite the dust.  To be honest, I cringe every time I see her come onto the screen so here's hoping that I won't see her on screen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment